Gods and Kings - The Rise and Fall of Alexander McQueen and John Galliano | GiveawayWednesday, February 18, 2015
Calling all Alexander McQueen and John Galliano fans, I have a quick giveaway that might just tickle your fancy!
Dana Thomas has recently published her new book Gods and Kings - The story of Galliano and McQueen, and how they changed the face of fashion. As I am fan of both Galliano and McQueen's work, I'm very much looking forward to sitting down and really getting into this book. It has been described as a deeply engrossing, fast-paced original read, so I am intrigued to learn more about two working-class British boys who really shook fashion to its core.
"In the first decade of the 21st century the fashion world was dominated by two very different but equally successful and turbulent figures. But, within twelve months, Alexander McQueen had committed suicide, and John Galliano had professionally imploded. Who was to blame? And how was fashion changed by their rise and fall? Spanning the 80s, 90s and noughties, Gods + Kings tells the story of these two charismatic figures and times of great change in the world of fashion, from London's raucous art and club scene to the old-world glamour of Parisian couture, and reveals the machinations of this notoriously secretive industry."
To celebrate the release of the book, I have teamed up with Penguin to giveaway some great prizes!
Whats up for grabs?
- Four signed copies of the book
- Two tickets to the Design Museum – talk with Dana Thomas (24 February, 19:00 - 21:00). To coincide
with the last night of fashion week, Dana Thomas introduces her new book, Gods and
Kings: The Rise and Fall of Alexander McQueen and John Galliano, and will be discussing how
McQueen and Galliano changed the face of fashion and empowered women.
* The ticket price includes a complimentary Peroni and entry to the Design Museum’s excellent Women
Fashion Power exhibition.
- Two tickets to Tate Britain - Nick Waplington/Alexander McQueen: Working Process: (10 March – 17
May 2015). This major exhibition presents the result of a unique collaboration between artist Nick
Waplington (b. 1965) and the acclaimed fashion designer Alexander McQueen (1969–2010).
Just a few things to touch on ...
• This giveaway ends on the 22nd of February 2015 11.59pm GMT.
• You must be following my blog on Google Friend Connect or Bloglovin'.
• This giveaway is open to UK residents only!
• There will be four winners.
• Winners will be chosen randomly using Rafflecopter below for each prize.
• There will be chances to gain more entries in this giveaway, just follow the instructions on the
Good luck guys!